Vacancy: Assistant Energy and Sustainability Consultant (full-time)
We are a growing team and are seeking a determined and intelligent individual, with a strong belief in the role of the built environment in achieving a sustainable future, to join our friendly and energetic team.
Vacancy:Assistant Energy and Sustainability Consultant (full-time)
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Job start date: Immediate
We politely request that recruitment agencies do not contact us regarding this position.
We are looking for an assistant energy and sustainability consultant who can demonstrate very strong technical skills and problem solving abilities. The key applicant will be able to demonstrate two essential attributes: unmistakable talent and passion.
Key qualities (essential):
The ability to undertake the following services:
- Energy modelling, both dynamic and steady-state
- Thermal bridging and building fabric analyses
- Checking modelling and analytical work against standards and conventions of best practice (e.g. BS EN ISOs).
Experience of the following:
- Technical report writing
- Modelling and simulating complex energy flows
- Client consulting; determining expectations and achieving deliverables.
Demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Software: Design Builder, Energy Plus, IES, THERM, TRISCO, Psi-Therm, SBEM, SAP
- Requirements of environmental assessments (e.g. BREEAM, LEED and Code for Sustainable Homes), in particular relation to energy (desirable).
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Very strong technical background in a construction or hard science-related discipline
- A degree in engineering (will be highly prioritised)
- A masters degree (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of undertaking energy and thermal analysis work
We are looking to meet candidates with the following qualities:
- A firm commitment to environmental considerations;
- Happy to work within a team and under tight deadlines;
- A good communicator: the ability to dissect technical information and understand and explain its applicability at the macro level to teams and clients;
- A swift problem-solver with imagination and initiative;
- Positive attitude and the ability to work independently.
Expressions of interest:
Please send your CV as well as your availability to email@example.com, quoting “Assistant Energy and Sustainability Consultant position – April 2017” in the subject field.