Our team has unparalleled experience providing consultation and advice on sustainable design and construction strategies, building performance analysis, ecology appraisal and enhancement, and environmental assessment. With over 10 years’ experience working closely with our clients in the built environment we are trusted to provide expert solutions to a variety of project needs.
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a tool to evaluate the environmental impacts of a product or material from across its entire lifecycle. LCAs account for the entire life cycle: from resource extraction and manufacturing, through to use phases and end-of-life scenarios. Our team is able to undertake bespoke LCAs to help understand your carbon footprint and visualise your environmental impact better. This enables us to partner with you to identify opportunities for improvement and inform your ongoing strategies to tackling your biggest sustainability challenges.
As a result, we can also offer Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) to deliver transparency and help promote awareness of the high standards that you set out to meet. EPDs are third party verified by the relevant body within a given geographical region of whom we liaise with on your behalf.
With our offsets we do things differently. Our experts have been working with conservation and biodiversity enhancement schemes around the UK and abroad for many years. Our approach is to identify and evaluate nature-based offsetting projects that are as local to your geographical region or ecosystem as possible. Our priority is to create a scheme which is credible, visible and quantifiable in a way that meets the highest standards. For more information visit Natural Carbon Solutions, a certification and validation body of Eight Associates.
Whether you need daylight assessments, energy modelling or thermal bridging analysis we cater to a full range of building performance analysis and strategy needs. Our building physics experts can help establish the necessary requirements and support you through the sustainability objectives specific to your building projects. We work to the highest standards and possess all necessary industry accreditations so that you can be assured your projects achieve efficient, accurate and credible results.
- Air Tightness Testing and Consultancy
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Microclimate Studies
- Condensation Risk Analysis; Surface and Interstitial (using WUFI)
- Daylight and Sunlight Impact Assessment & Right of Light, Interior Daylight Calculations and Glare Assessments
- Energy Performance Certificates & Display Energy Certificates
- Energy Assessments and Low Zero Carbon studies for Planning
- Energy modelling; SAP, SBEM, DSM and ASHRAE
- Energy Audits and Energy Management
- Environmental Policy Development and Operational Sustainability Strategy
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
- Life Cycle Assessment and Carbon Footprinting
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR)
- Structural Moisture Surveys
- Thermal Bridging Analysis and U Value Calculations of Fenestration and Cladding Systems
- Thermal Comfort Overheating Analysis
- Ventilation Strategies and HVAC Calculations
We work with you to cover the essential components of any planning applications so that you can reach an approved sustainable building project. There are a number of assessments, studies and strategies that our experts can work with you on to meet and exceed all local sustainability planning policy requirements.
- Air Quality Assessments (AQA)
- Daylight and Sunlight Impact Assessment
- Energy Strategies / Energy Assessments for planning
- Flood Risk Assessment for planning (FRA Level 1 and 2)
- Internal Daylight Analysis
- Low and Zero Carbon Feasibility Studies
- Right of Light
- Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) Strategies
- Sustainability Statements
- Thermal Comfort Overheating Analysis
Our knowledgeable assessors use a number of accredited methodologies to assess environmental performance of all types of buildings, both new and existing, at the planning, design and construction stages. We help to inform designers, clients and design teams, in order to promote sustainable designs and specifications through practical measures.
- BREEAM AP Consulting
- BREEAM Communities
- BREEAM International
- BREEAM In Use
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Home Quality Mark (HQM)
- ISO 20400
- ISO 50001
- LEED and LEED AP Consulting
- PassivHaus and EnerPHit design consultancy
- WELL Building Standard Certification and WELL AP Consulting
- WELL Performance Testing Agent (GBCI approved)
- WELL Preliminary Performance Verification
We can develop long-term ecological management plans tailored to on-site habitats. Our advice on ecological enhancements is pragmatic and designed to maintain a longstanding commitment to biodiversity.
- Biodiversity Management Plans
- Biodiversity Metric Calculations
- BREEAM/CSH Ecology Reports
- Construction Ecology Services
- Ecological Constraints and Opportunities (ECOP)
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys
- Green Infrastructure Design
- Landscape Urban Design
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA)
- Protected Species Assessment
- Protected Species Surveys